Sunday, March 28, 2010

Vegetable Sandwich


My husband is a lover of vegetable sandwich and everytime he goes to the bakery he wants to have one. One fine evening, while we ordered for this item, i started thinking why cant i try this at home. When prepared at home, i can serve my family members with a satisfaction that it is clean and healthy and more than that, prepared with my love :)

So as soon as our order was served, before starting to eat the sandwich i started researching on the stuffing and found its simple to make. I decided to do it the following week end itself.

I actually suceeded in the preparation and it was yummyyyyyyyy :). When my hubby see me taking sandwich bread packet from Supermarket he jumps in joy for the next day breakfast. I am also happy that my daughter eats the vegetable stuffing inside and that satisfies me the most. :)

Items Required:

Sandwich bread - 1 packet
ghee

For stuffing:

Cabbage, carrot, onion, tomato and green chillies - as required and cut into small pieces
Mustard seeds
Oil
salt
turmeric powder

Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds to it. Now add the vegetables one by one and fry them for a minute. Add turmeric powder and salt and add some water so that the vegetables are cooked nicely. Once the water is drained and the veg is cooked, remove the masala from flame and keep it aside.

Now take 2 slices of bread and spread ghee on both the sides. Spread the masala in one of the bread and cover it with other one. Place this in a sandwich maker for delicious veg sandwich.

Serve hot with tomato sauce.

I would love to submit this for jihva event hosted by Suma of Veggie platter.

I am sending this for Chaitra's Bread mania

1 comment:

Hello Friend, thanks for finding time to visit my space. Feel free to post your comment on my posts.

Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Find my receipes at

All recipes are on Petitchef

Counter