Friday, December 27, 2013

Peanut chutney / Verkadalai chutney

I have not heard of this chutney till i got married as my mom has not done this before my marriage. I got surprised to know that chutney can be prepared from dry roasted peanuts when the first time when my co-sister prepared this for Dosa/Idly. It was heavenly when i tasted the chutney. It goes very well with Dosa, Idly and Chapathi.



Items required:

For grinding:

Dry roasted peanuts - 1 cup
Green Chilly - 5-6. If the chilly is too hot, reduce the nos.
Tamarind - very little
Garpic pods - 3-4
Salt - as required

For Seasoning:

Hing - a pinch
Oil, mustard seeds and urad dhal
Curry leaves

Optional:

Small onion - 4-5 cut into small pieces

Method:

Grind all the items under 'for grinding' into a smooth paste. Use a bit more water as this chutney tend to go to a very thick consistency. After grinding, transfer the chutney to a container. Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds start to splutter, add the urad dhal. Once the dhal becomes golden brown, add the curry leaves and a pinch of hing and add it to the chutney.

If required, add some water to make the chutney a loose consistency.

Optional: Add the cut small onions to the chutney for an amazing taste and a more health benefit. Thanks to my friend Manju Padmasekar who suggested this tip to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Friend, thanks for finding time to visit my space. Feel free to post your comment on my posts.

Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Find my receipes at

All recipes are on Petitchef

Counter