Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Idly Fry



I dint know we can make such a delicious snack item with idly till we had a chance to eat this when we had been to Manali last year. After a week of having continuous Rotis, when we saw south indian tiffin items in the menu card in a restaurant there, we literally jumped in joy and this is the first item we ordered.

I vaguely assumed how it will be before the item was served. I was correct and it tasted great with coconut chutney and Sambar (Tamil nadu/Andhra Sambar is the best). This is very easy to make. Here comes the recipe.

Idly - 4
Oil for deep frying
salt - little bit
Idly podi - optional

Method:

Prepare idly and keep it open to become slightly cold. Now cut them lengthwise with a sharp spoon. (We cant cut the idly when it is too hot) Now heat the oil in a kadai and deep fry the idly pieces. Once they turn golden brown remove from fire.

Finally sprinkle little salt and idly podi over the fried idly pieces and mix them well. Serve this with coconut chutney and sambar.

My daughter and hubby liked it very much. Hope you too. :)

1 comment:

  1. The picture looks yummy :) I have heard about it but haven't tried it any time...might be very soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friend, thanks for finding time to visit my space. Feel free to post your comment on my posts.

Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Find my receipes at

All recipes are on Petitchef

Counter