Sunday, January 12, 2014

Amla chutney / Nellikaai chutney

Though am not so fond of amla from my childhood,  I came to know about its health benefits from my gynaecologist and so I have slowly started to use it. My first attempt is this simple chutney which came out really tasty and went on very well with dosa.



Here goes the recipe.

Items required:

Amla - 6
Coriander leaves - a bunch
Green chilly - 2 (adjust according to taste)
Ginger - a small piece
Salt



For seasoning:

Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon

Method:

Clean the amla and boil them in water for 10 mins. When the amla starts to seperate itself, then switch off the flame. Remove from water and deseed them.


Now take a kadai and add few drops of oil. Slightly saute the coriander leaves, green chilly and ginger for few mins. Remove from flame. In a mixer jar, put the deseeded and cooked amla, coriander leaves, green chilly, ginger and salt. Grind them to a smooth paste.

Transfer the paste to a container. In a kadai heat a teaspoon of oil. Once the oil is heated, add the mustard seeds and wait till it starts to splutter. Then switch off the stove and add the seasoning to the chutney.


Serve it with Dosa and let me know your comments :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Friend, thanks for finding time to visit my space. Feel free to post your comment on my posts.

Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Find my receipes at

All recipes are on Petitchef

Counter