Monday, May 10, 2010
I have not had noodles until i got married. My husband asked me to cook maggie and that was how i started eating noodles. But we started hearing the comments, that eating maggie more frequently is not good for health and i heard lot of controversies going on about the maggie masala. Then i started to find out ways to do similar noodles at home without maggie. Finally i found out this recipe and it came out really yummy. Now i'm doing this once in a week and my husband and daughter love it. Try it and let me know your comments :)
Noodles - 1 big bowl. I took an amount that can serve 3 people
Vegetables (beans, carrot, Capsicum), - 1 Cup
Chopped onion - 1/2 Cup
Red chilly - 2 or 3 (adjust according to the spicyness you want)
Ginger - a small piece
Garlic - 5 or 6 pods
Soya Sauce and Tomato Sauce
1. Slit the red chilly and remove the seeds from it. Grind the slit chilly pieces, ginger and garlic to a nice paste.
2. Heat water in a bowl and when it starts boiling, switch off the flame and put the noodles in the boiling water for 2-3 mins. Now drain the water and pour chill water on the noodles and leave it for 2-3 mins again. Now drain that water also and keep the noodles aside.
3. Heat a dosa pan in stove and spread oil on the pan evenly. Now take small amount of noodles and spread them in the pan evenly. Sprinkle little oil on the noodles and leave it till it becomes separate and little crispy. Repeat the same step for all the noodles and keep them aside.
4. Heat oil in a kadai and add the chopped onions. Once they become golden brown in colour, add the chopped vegetables.Sprinkle little of salt over them and fry them in the oil.
5. Add the ground masala. Once beans is cooked, add the noodles to the kadai and mix them slowly such that the noodles doesn't break. It should remain like noodles and should not become like semia. Fry them nicely together the vegetables for 2 more Min's. Now sprinkle little of soya sauce on the noodles and mix them again.
6. Remove from flame and serve hot with tomato sauce.
Note: This is slightly a lengthy process, but at the end gives complete satisfaction that we are able to do a good and clean noodles recipe at home :) Do try it and let me know your comments.