My dear husband used to tell me to try making a dish with spaghetti, but somehow i was not sure how it might turn out and how my family might accept it. Finally i decided to try it and see how it tastes. Its almost the same recipe as i do for noodles, with some slight variations here and there.
The final outcome was too good and my kids liked the dish. Now i have got the courage to try out other pastas also.
Tarla Dalal mam's notes.
Spaghetti - Required amount.
Onion - 1, chopped
Tomato - 2
Capsicum - 1 cup (chopped)
Mustard powder - 1 tsp
Grated mozarilla cheese - for garnish.
Garlic - 3 pods
Ginger - a small piece
Red chilly - According to taste
Pre-requisites before starting to cook:
1. Boil water and once the water starts to boil, switch off the flame and put the spaghetti into it. Let it cook for few mins. Once the spaghetti becomes tender, remove from stove, drain the water and keep it aside.
2. Grind all the items given for grinding and keep it aside.
3. Boil water in a bowl. Once the water starts to boil, switch off the flame and put 2 tomatoes in it. Remove after 5 mins, peel the skin off and keep it aside.
1. Heat oil in a kadai and saute the onion once the oil is heated nicely.
2. Add the grind paste of ginger, garlic and red chilly to the saute onion once the onion becomes golden browm in colour.
3. Add the capsicum (bell pepper) pieces now and saute all of them well for few mins. Sprinkle the required amount of salt and 1 tsp of mustard powder to it.
4. Add the peeled and smashed tomatoes to it now. Mix them thoroughly. Now add the cooked spaghetti and mix them well.
5. Remove from flame and transfer it to a serving bowl. Grate some mozzarella cheese and spread them on top of the cooked masala spaghetti.
Serve hot :)
Try this and let me know your comments.